Check out pictures of the AP Racing 2010 YZ450F project bike, set up with gear and tweaking from AP Brakes, L.A. Sleeve, CP Pistons, Precision Concepts, Hinson Clutch Components, and Trick Racing Fuel. From Motocross Action Magazine:
“All in all, the (stock) 2010 Yamaha YZ450F is a good motocross bike—not a great one, though, because it needs more power, improved top end and a sleeker layout. To that end, the MXA wrecking crew ordered up four full-race, hopped-up 2010 YZ450F project bikes. We told Hot Cams, AP Racing, Yoshimura and Pro Circuit that there were no holds barred—choke holds, arm bars and knee drops were allowed. They were asked to build the ultimate expression of what a YZ450F could be.”
ALL THE PERTINENT FACTS
Here are the details, prices and parts used on AP Racing’s 2010 Yamaha YZ450F:
1. AP Racing front and rear brake pads ($35.99 each).
2. AP Racing PRF high-temp brake fluid ($32.99).
3. DR.D radiator lowering kit ($49.99).
4. DR.D hour meter and bracket ($49.99).
5. AME white full-waffle grips ($9.95).
6. Dunlop Geomax MX 51 front and rear tires.
1. L.A. Sleeve porting with five-angle radius valve job ($500.00).
2. L.A. Sleeve cam grind ($350.00).
3. L.A. Sleeve dyno EFI tuning ($175.00).
4. CP high-compression MX1070 piston ($307.00).
5. Hinson clutch cover ($159.99), pressure plate ($189.99), inner hub ($309.99).
6. Trick 114-octane racing fuel $10.29 (five gallon), $9.09 (gallon), $8.74 per gallon by drum.
1. DR.D Ti/Ti complete system ($869.99).
1. Precision Concepts suspension revalve ($397.67).
AP Racing: www.apbrakesusa.com or (562) 945-1098.
L.A. Sleeve: www.lasleeve.com or (562) 945 7578.
Dr.D: www.niksindustries.com or (888) 500-NIKS.
CP Pistons: www.lasleeve.cc or (562) 945 7578.
Precision Concepts: www.precisionconceptsracing.com or (951) 697-8488.
Hinson Clutch Components: www.lasleeve.cc or (562) 945 7578.
Trick Racing Fuel: www.trickgas.com or (800) 444-1449.